HERMES AIRPORTS LTD
Hermes Airports is a consortium founded by CTC’s and Hermes’ current Honorary Life Chairman, Mr Nicolas K. Shacolas. It comprises a number of international and local companies, which undertook the Cyprus government’s 25-year contract for the construction and operation of Larnaka and Pafos airports, a BOT (Build, Operate, Transfer) project. CTC is the biggest Cypriot shareholder and is represented at the Board of Directors.
Operations commenced on 12 May 2006 and will continue until 2031.
The new Pafos and Larnaka airport terminals opened in November 2008 and 2009 respectively, offering world class facilities το 11 million passengers.
- Bouygues Batiment International S.A. – French construction Group (22%)
- Egis Investment Partners S.C.A. – French infrastructure Group (20%)
- Cyprus Trading Corporation Plc – Cyprus based Shacolas Group (11.34%)
- Hellenic Mining Public Company Limited- Cyprus based industrial Group (11.33%)
- Vantage Airport Group (Cyprus) Limited – Subsidiary of Canada’s Vancouver International Airport Authority (11%)
- Aer Rianta International (Middle East) WLL – Irish airport operator (11%)
- Iacovou Brothers (Constructions) Limited – Cyprus based construction Group (5.67%)
- Charilaos Apostolides Public Limited – Cyprus based construction Company (5.66%)
- Nice Air Ports Engineering – French airport operator Aéroport Nice
Côte d’ Azur Chambre de Commerce et d’Industrie (2%)